Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Stories that Communicate Meaning and Express Values


Fractured Storytelling

As a part of their inquiry into how humans express themselves, Grade Two has been learning how to engage their audience through stories that communicate meaning and express values.

With the goal of refining their narrative skills, Grade Two has
 been focusing on writing fractured folk and fairy tales. Basing their stories off of well-known tales, the girls are learning to infuse their own meaning into these tales by developing slightly fractured interpretations. Their wide range of stories incorporate different problems and resolutions, distinct characters, and unique dialogue. 



"I am doing well because I put dialog in my story... My next step is to put more adjectives in my story because I didn't put adjectives well."
- 2A student, reflecting on her fairy tale






"Heroes: 'Jasmin, Quinn, Jifar'
Villains: 'Aladdin'
Setting: 'At the castle'
Problem: 'Trying to steal Jasmin's crown'"
-2B student, planning her tale

No comments:

Post a Comment